October flew by and I didn't post once on my own website. I've been involved with work (which, if you notice, my personal website is currently devoid of, on purpose).
I have, however, been reading lots of other blogs. (Note: Some people share WAY
too much on such a public forum as the world wide web. Think about what you put online, people!) I think my new favorite blog of the month is Go Fug Yourself
. I have been using the term "fugly" for years, not many people actually know what it means. I am so excited that some people are taking the term to the next level. I absolutely adore their commentary on Britney's divorce.
And speaking of Britney Spear's divorce filing, I have a number of thoughts on that:
- Congratulations to DivorceKevin.com! You got your wish!
- Has anyone noticed that without K-Fed, Britney looks like she's taking care of her personal hygiene again? She was looking pretty unshowered for a year there.
- Was it a ploy to get media attention on one of the most heavily media covered days of the year?
- I love that she has a "thing" with David Letterman where she "randomly" walks on stage just to say hello. Just like the last time she "randomly" showed up on David Letterman and confirmed that she was pregnant with her second child awhile back. It just feels like she wanted people to see that she was clean and sexy again and that she was happy before news of the divorce hit. Nothing random about that publicity stunt.
- K-Fed can't even give tickets away to his concert. Man.
- K-Fed shouldn't have spoiled the good thing he had with Britney.
- Britney's divorce gets better coverage than Donald Rumsfeld's resignation. That's right, Mr. President, the public cares more about Britney Spears' private life than what you are doing in Iraq. Why? Because your rhetoric stinks. And all we Americans want to do is bring water with us when we travel. Why is that too much to ask for? Why do you want to make us feel unsafe for wanting to hydrate?
Labels: Cool Site, News/Trends